What is a Health & Performance Coach?
What makes Chris so unique is his combination of skill sets; detailed and advanced evaluation of pain & function, bodywork, fitness and performance training, injury prevention training, nutrition coaching, personal experience as an elite athlete in two sports and holistic health coaching.
It is extremely difficult to find all these tools available from the same person, especially considering he works with everyone from elite athletes to the average person and kids.
Whether you are looking to TAKE YOUR PERFORMANCE TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL or are just starting out and need some direction on training strategies and injury prevention, Chris can help you take the next step and progress you to wherever you are going.
Chris has worked with some of the bay area’s best athletes and coaches for over 19 years now and has learned A LOT from them.
He has worked with elite athletes in over 20 sports, so it doesn’t matter what the sport is, he can mimic it in the gym and make you smarter, stronger, faster and more efficient than anyone else you come up against.
Here are some of the sports Exercise Progression can help you with…
You will learn how to train in the gym for an entire season, when it’s best to focus on power, strength, speed, and most importantly how to get the most out of your workouts and peak at the right times.
And don’t forget about the general population and all they need to be prepared for.
The goals at Exercise Progression are to;
- Find a persons weakest links, i.e. find the main cause of dysfunction and start to create chain reactions elsewhere that completely eliminate the problem.
- Use bodywork, health education and individualized exercise programs to eliminate pain, improve performance and boost vitality and metabolism… in other words, look, feel and perform your best!
- Give a home program of nutrition, stretching, exercises and self-care so that results are long-lived.
Chris uses a holistic approach to health & performance and understands that whatever is going on physically (symptoms), can be often be explained by more than just the physical traits of a person. Over the last 20 years, Chris has learned numerous methods that deal with each of the key factors for changing behaviors, improving one’s mental game in sports performance and achieving results in nutrition.
The methods Chris uses include:
- Finding out where you are with the important factors in your life
- Goal setting
- Properly progressed training program tailored to your event or sport
- Education for east and west philosophies on health
- Behavior modification techniques
- Nutrition education
- Chris’ Boosting Metabolism e-book
- Lifestyle modification strategies
- Meditation practice
- Specific stretching and mobility program
- Individualized injury-prevention home program
- And more!
Just to give you an idea of some of the stuff you will be learning with Chris, check out these simple rules for functional training.
7 simple rules for functional training
- The more an exercise resembles a specific movement (sports), the stronger and more efficient the athlete gets at that precise movement.
- Proper training leads to efficient coordination, which leads to less wear and tear, which in turn improves stamina.
- There are many variables that require manipulation in order to get all aspects of a sport or activity properly trained for, and if you miss one then your program could be wasted.
- Some of these variables are; speed, volume, intensity, range of motion, duration, rest, frequency, exercise order, exercise selection, and more.
- There are 3 planes of motion that the body moves in, and all of them need to be trained separately and together in order to get truly functional results.
- Functional exercise training can be mixed with sport drills to enhance strength and stamina in the exact movements of the sport.
- It is important to make sure that although the exercises are functional, they do not cause more unnecessary repetitive stress on the athlete in the same muscles and joints that they get it in from their sport.
These methods work for EVERYONE!
When it comes to optimizing function, nutrition and performance, the human body is the same for elite and beginner athletes. Based on your initial evaluation, you will be using the same methods that my elite athletes at professional levels receive – you will just be starting at a different point!
No matter what age you are, these training methods will drastically improve your performance while decreasing your injuries and wear and tear on the body.
As a bonus this system also works for progressing athletes back from an injury.
Watch out for Overuse Injuries
A dangerous part about sports is repetitive stress injuries.
The odds are high for athletes to sustain overuse injuries, especially rookies with high expectations. Thankfully these odds can be dramatically improved with preventative care and the right functional training.
This is where I come in.
The Overuse Solution
- Based on an evaluation, you will receive exercises that balance tension surrounding the joints and keep your body moving efficiently.
- Based on your sport, a program will be created that enhances your strength, speed, power and coordination in exactly the ways YOU need it.
- Chris will work with you to create an overall program that includes YEAR BY YEAR training strategies to avoid overuse injuries and aches and pains.
The Question for you is simple…
Are you getting the MOST out of your training?
And if not, then please contact me, Chris@exerciseprogression.com or schedule an appointment so I can help you get started on the right path, right now.