|This test is from the book, How to Safely Boost your Metabolism with Food and Habit, and is meant to be a status and progress report for your metabolism. Answer all of the questions before you start your journey, then answer them again every 2-3 months so you can watch your progress.|
The below questions are a great summary of how your organs and systems are functioning together. The only thing missing are blood tests, which you should of course get done on a regular basis with your doctor. I recommend the tests to the right for a holistic picture of your health if you have any unusual symptoms.
|Recommended Tests from Doctor|
The Questionnaire – your goal is to be able to answer “NO” to all of these, except for #5, which simply shows the history of your intestinal fortitude.
- Is your body temperature less than 98.5F? (take temp in bed, in the morning right after waking).
- Is your pulse rate less than 70 beats per minute ? This includes athletes. (take pulse in bed, in the morning right after waking).
- Are you overweight?
- Is briskly walking three miles difficult for you?
- Have you taken a lot of antibiotics before without also taking probiotics?
- Is your digestion often sluggish or irritable?
- Is your stool often runny, very smelly or infrequent?
- Do your skin, hair and nails often become brittle or dry?
- Does your tongue often have white or colored fir on it?
- Do you often have dandruff, acne, rashes or bad breath?
- Do you get cold often or easily?
- Is your energy weak and lacking?
- Do you eat more processed than fresh and natural foods?
- Do you sit more than 6 hours per day without getting up and moving a lot?
- Do you have energy crashes and food, alcohol or caffeine cravings?
- Do you get sick easily?
- Do you have bad allergies?
- Do you have a hard time handling stress or climate changes?
- Do you often have poor memory or brain fog?
- Have you lost your libido?
If you answered “yes” to any of these Q’s, chances are your metabolism and health could use a boost. You may need to change your foods, habits or both, to get the shift necessary to reach your goals.
You can find all of these answers and more in my book, Boosting your Metabolism with Food and Habits – you can also find many of the answers scattered throughout this site.
So look around, and start wherever it feels like you need the most work. Then correct and continue until you get the desired shifts in your metabolism. Once you get stuck, refer to the book for finding your weakest link and improving it.
Boost your Metabolism with this easy to follow E-Book!